Part of having online business presence means having to maintain certain standards to protect You and us. Think of it more an insurance policy in the rare circumstance that things turn upside down that protects You and Us. The language used below is quite technical – in short, i2i cares about You and We will do what We can within reason and Our expertise to ensure that You have the best experience possible before, during, and after Your interactions with Us.
Last Updated: 2022 March 29.
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- “Account” means a unique account created for You to access Our Service or parts of Our Service.
- “Company” (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to i2i Opticians, 10-25 Overlea Boulevard, Toronto, ON, M4H1P9, Canada, which is a subsidiary of Six Side Health Group (the Parent Company). For the purpose of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), the Company is the Data Controller.
- “Country” refers to Ontario, Canada.
- “Cookies” are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- “Data Controller“, for the purposes of the GDPR, refers to the Company as the legal person which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.
- “Device” means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, mobile phone, or digital tablet.
- “Personal Data” is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. For the purposes of GDPR, Personal Data means any information relating to You such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
- “Service” refers to the Website.
- “Service Provider” means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used. For the purpose of the GDPR, Service Providers are considered Data Processors.
- “Third-party Social Media Service” refers to any website or any social network website through which a User may log in or create an account to use the Service.
- “Usage Data” refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- “Website” refers to i2i Opticians, accessible from i2iOpticians.ca
- “You” means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable. Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), You can be referred to as the Data Subject or as the User as You are the individual using the Service.
While using Our Service, Your data may be collected when You:
- Email Address
- access or uses any online platform associated the Company.
- fill out any part or all of a form on any platform associated with the Company.
- construct, open, or respond to any email messages associated with the Company
- visit any page online that displays advertisements or content associated with the Company.
- visit blogs, social media outlets, or affiliated websites associated with the Business.
- call the Company with phone numbers provided through any marketing or lead generation source.
- provide information to the Company through email, phone, or facsimile.
- interact with the Company’s advertising or applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this website.
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that may be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Full name
- Phone number(s)
- Street address, unit number, city, state/province, ZIP/postal code, country
- Usage data
- Health data (date of birth, health insurance, current/past medical history, social history)
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (i.e., IP address), internet service provider (ISP), browser type, browser version, operating system, referring/exit pages, the pages of Our Service that You visit, the time/date/location of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the aforementioned Usage Data, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit Our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
The Company allows You to engage with the Service through the following Third-party Social Media Services:
If You decide to register through or otherwise grant Us access to a Third-Party Social Media Service, We may collect Personal data that is already associated with Your Third-Party Social Media Service’s account, such as Your name, Your email address, Your activities or Your contact list associated with that account.
Of note, the Company is not responsible for how Your data is collected, stored, used, processed, and transferred by third-party vendors including, but not limited to, the aforementioned social medial services. It is recommended that You review the Privacy Policies of these providers for more details.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of Our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on Our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You may delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available on the Adobe Flash Player EOL General Information Page.
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of Our Service and Our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies may be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
- Type: Session Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Purpose: These Cookies allow Us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering Your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter Your preferences every time You use the Website.
- Tracking and Performance Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Third-Parties
- Purpose: These Cookies are used to track information about traffic to the Website and how users use the Website. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify You as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device You use to access the Website. We may also use these Cookies to test new pages, features or new functionality of the Website to see how Our users react to them.
Cookie Sharing Preferences
Most computer systems and browsers offer their own privacy settings. The Business encourages Clients to use them to enhance their cookie sharing preferences. Any computer has the option to decline cookies. Most browsers’ advanced settings allow Clients to “enable” or “disable” cookies. It is imperative that Clients understand that by disabling or declining cookies, they may still use the Website but Clients’ ability to use some areas of the website may be limited.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain Our Service, including to monitor the usage of Our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide may give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which We offer that are similar to those that You have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about Our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of Our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve Our Service, products, services, marketing and Your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of Our Service, for payment processing, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services, or promotions.
- With other users: When You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to follow commercially acceptable standards to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security and We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on any of Our applications, including Our website.
The safety and security of Your information also depends on You. Where We have given You (or where You have chosen) a password, You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask You not to share Your password with anyone.
Processing of Your Personal Data
The Service Providers We use may have access to Your Personal Data. These third-party vendors collect, store, use, process and transfer information about Your activity on Our Service in accordance with their Privacy Policies. It is recommended that You review the Privacy Policies of these providers.
We may use third-party Service providers to monitor and analyze the use of Our Service, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics, Google Ads, WordPress, GTmetrix, cPanel, and Namecheap.
We may use Your Personal Data to contact You with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to You. This may be conducted using third-party Service providers including, but not limited to, Google by Alphabet Inc., Zoho Corporation, Mailchimp by Intuit, and Vidyard by Switch Merge Ltd. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from Us by following the unsubscribe link when applicable. Alternatively, You may opt-out by informing the Company of Your preferences in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line being “i2i Client Promo Opt-Out” and from the email account that is currently subscribed to marketing or promotional emails.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Website. In that case, We may use third-party services for payment processing (i.e., payment processors) including, but not limited to, PayPal Holdings Inc., Square by Block Inc., Stripe, QuickBooks by Intuit Inc., and TD Canada Trust.
We are required by applicable Canadian federal and Ontario provincial law to maintain the privacy of Your Personal Data. Therefore, any Personal Data You share with Us related to your health, including, but not limited to, demographic information, current and past personal and family health history, is bound by the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004, S.O. 2004, c. 3, a copy of which can be found here.
We may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given Your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
- Vital interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect Your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Company.
- Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Company.
In any case, the Company will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
- Request access to Your Personal Data. The right to access, update or delete the information We have on You. Whenever made possible, You may access, update or request deletion of Your Personal Data directly within Your account settings section. If You cannot perform these actions Yourself, please contact Us to assist You. This also enables You to receive a copy of the Personal Data We hold about You but does not include data stored by third-party providers whom You should contact directly should You wish to have access to such additional data. To gain access to Your Personal Data, a nominal fee of $25.00 CAD will be charged to You to cover administrative costs associated with processing Your request in addition to $1.00 per page that is emailed, printed, or faxed. Your Personal Data may also be sent to You by letter mail with the cost of doing so (postage, tracking, and insurance) to be covered by You.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information We hold about You corrected. To avail of having Your Personal Data corrected, You must inform Us of Your preferences in writing by email to email@example.com with the Subject Line being “i2i Client Information Correction” and from the email account that is Your user account is linked to.
- Object to processing of Your Personal Data. This right exists where We are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for Our processing and there is something about Your particular situation, which makes You want to object to Our processing of Your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where We are processing Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask Us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for Us to continue processing it. If You wish to permanently delete Your Website Account, You must inform Us of Your preferences in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line being “i2i Client Account Deletion,” from the email account that is linked to Your Website Account, and a phone number at which You can be contacted to confirm Your preference for account deletion. Any account for deletion will undergo a grace period of fifteen (15) business days after phone confirmation prior to the account being deleted. Account deletion is permanent, and any information related to the account, including, but not limited to, order history and user preferences, will no longer be recoverable. Should You have had Your account deleted and wish to engage with the Website, You may do so as a guest or by creating a new account.
- Request the transfer of Your Personal Data. We will provide to You, or to a third-party You have chosen, Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which You initially provided consent for Us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with You.
- Withdraw Your consent. You have the right to withdraw Your consent on using Your Personal Data. If You withdraw Your consent, We may not be able to provide You with access to certain specific functionalities of the Service.
You may exercise Your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting Us. Please note that We may ask You to verify Your identity before responding to such requests. If You make a request, We will try Our best to respond to You as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about Our collection and use of Your Personal Data. For more information, if You are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact Your local data protection authority in the EEA.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility or liability for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services. To remove behavioural advertisements which You may have opted-in via Your browser in the past, visit the website of The Digital Advertising Alliance Of Canada (DAAC) here.
- Web: i2iOpticians.ca
- Phone: +1 (416) 424-3343
- Fax: +1 (416) 424-3344
- Email: email@example.com
- Letter mail: i2i Opticians, 10-25 Overlea Boulevard, Toronto, ON, M4H 1P9